- I remembered the Flaming Lips made more than two good records (’Clouds Taste Metallic’)
- New Big Theif is nearly perfect
- Low key, ‘Ghost Stories’ might be Coldplay’s strongest album
- If you haven’t heard the new White Reaper album, then your life is a shame and a lie
- Now that the press cycle is finally over, I’m not embarrassed to say that the new Father John Misty album is good
- Favorite song I heard while in Spain: Josh Rouse’s “El Otro Lado”
- Kendrick’s “LOVE.” >>>>>>
- I rediscovered my love for the Beatles, and did you know that “This Boy” is actually devastating and perfect?
- And “What If We’re Wrong” is one of Ryan Adams’ strongest B-sides yet (and he’s one of the stronger B-side artists)
“Gypsy In Me”, the first single off Bonnie Raitt’s new album ‘Dig In Deep’ (Redwing Records) which premiered this week on Billboard.
Yesterday White Denim also announced their new album, the Ethan Johns-produced ‘Stiff’ (March 25 on Downtown Records), and the Austin quartet premiered its first single “Holda You (I’m Pyscho)” on NPR.
We also have new singles from St. Lucia (“Love Somebody”) and Aoife O’Donovan (“Porch Light”). Happy Friday!
Listen & Follow here: shorefi.re/plylzt
I curate this playlist for Shore Fire. Each Friday I update it, and today’s mix of songs is great. New songs from Bonnie Raitt, White Denim, St. Lucia, and Aoife O’Donovan. We also good deep cuts from Springsteen, Costello, and more.